- Public Works
- Garbage, Recycling, Refuse
Garbage, Recycling, Refuse
- Garbage / Refuse / Recycling Collection Schedule (PNG) (Waste Management)
- At-Your-Door Disposal Service (PDF) (Disposal of Paint, Chemicals, Cleaners, Consumer Electronics, etc.)
Provisions of Refuse Contract
The City of Sycamore has approved a refuse contract with Waste Management that offers the citizens of Sycamore the following benefits and services:
- Free 96-gallon cart: The new refuse contract calls for a free 96-gallon cart for each home. New homeowners, please note the "toter service," as it calls for new homes to be issued a cart.
- Recycling Bin Program: In an effort to promote recycling of materials with remaining useful life, the new contract provides that if anyone moves into a home and finds that there is not a recycling bin, they will be issued one at no charge.
If you should have any questions regarding your curbside collection service or if you should experience any collection problems, please contact Waste Management at 800-964-8988.
Each residence will receive one 96-gallon toter for refuse to be serviced once a week. Senior citizens 65 years of age or better may elect to have a 35-gallon toter in lieu of the 96-gallon toter. As new homes are built and occupied, new homeowners will be furnished with one 96-gallon toter. The toter will remain the property of Waste Management. Each toter has a unique serial number and is assigned to a specific address in the city.
Residents with questions regarding the refuse, recycling and yard waste service or experience any problem may contact Waste Management directly at:
780 N Kirk Road
Batavia, IL 60510